Insights
Sunday, March 06, 2005
  Rebranding
First of all, I should explain the new title and description. One of the things I've been doing over the last month or so is doing a lot of reading. For those of you who know me personally, this shouldn't come as a surprise. The book that sparked this all off recently was Synchronicity: The Inner Path to Leadership, by Joseph Joworski. A very enlightening book which has since lead me to the works of David Bohm, Eric Fromm and Peter Senge.

All of this reading has convinced me that there really are only insights that lots of people take as truths. According to Bohm in Wholeness and the Implicate Order, "all theories are insights, which are neither true nor false but, rather, clear in certain domains, and unclear when extended beyond these domains." He later goes on to say that "we have to be careful here not to identify truth as nothing more than 'that which works' [given a particular context]." The important thing is the context, for "the persistent holding to a truth beyond its proper limits, has evidently been one of the major sources of illusion and delusion throughout the whole of history and in every phase of life."

All this to explain a little about what I'm publishing here. These are my insights—my way of viewing the world. Take them at your own risk. Agree or disagree. Hopefully, it's entertaining and/or useful.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Andrew's way of looking at the world.

ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / May 2005 / August 2005 / November 2005 / March 2006 /


Powered by Blogger